Monday, December 31, 2007

Looking back. The year 2007.


The year 2007 was a pretty tough one for our family. And even though there are so many things that I'd rather choose not to remember, I still feel like looking back would help me to move on, since I truly believe that everything happens for a reason, the good and the bad.

Like I said, it was a tough one... We moved to a new place, a new state, to be precise, leaving our life of more that six years in Newark to be the past now. We had a third baby, who brought us the most joy and has been a little sunshine is those gloomy days.

We had to relocate Mirek's remodeling business, which took forever and the results are not too promising anyway. But that is helping us with our new vision that we have started working on, hoping to change our lives for better. Family vacation was also sacrificed for that.

The finishing of the long project with buying a fixer upper has finally ended. As we were able to complete the renovation and find a buyer. Due to the current events with housing market, the outcome is much to be desired, but once again, everything happens for a reason. We have learned that that is not what we want to do for a living, and we will not be getting ourselves into a project like that once again, as it is not our cup of tea. Remember the saying, that a clever person learns on mistakes of others, and the stupid one learns on his own mistakes? Well, you get the idea...

Mirek's Mom came for a visit and it was so wonderful to have her over. Three weeks flew by like three days, but the girls had a fantastic time with their "babicka" and I got to get some help with the household chores. Our windows are still shiny, little reminder of grandma's visit.

We made some new friends locally, but lost touch with a few dear old ones. Between everybody's busy lifestyles, driving distances and little time to keep in touch, the friendships tend to fade away. I will always cherish the good memories and the great times we spend together.

There is also one very important thing I want to remember and keep in my heart alive as I've been trying to find my peace and comfort, keeping the memory of my dear father who passed away in November. Not being able to fly for the funeral devastated me. But Mirek and the girls were that force that kept me going. And I had to stop blaming myself for what had happened, and try to say my good buys as the sense of the closure is so much needed.

I think of you often
and make no outward show,
But what it means to lose you,
no one will ever know
You wished no one farewell,
not even said good-bye,
You were gone before I knew it,
and only God knows why.
You are not forgotten
nor will you ever be,
As long as life and memories last,
I will remember thee.
To some you may be forgotten,
to others a part of the past,
But to me who loved you dearly,
your memories will always last.
Nothing can be more beautiful
than the memories I have of you.
To me, you were someone special,
God must have thought so too!
If tears could build a staircase
and memories a lane,
I would walk all the way to Heaven,
and bring you back again.

-Anon.

No comments: