Sunday, February 12, 2006

We had a fun week

It's just scares me how fast the time flies! One week goes after another, and all we are left with are our memories. So with this blog I'm going to try to keep our memories "crispy" for a little bit longer.
As I think about our last week , we had a good one! On Monday we went to Ivana's dance lesson. How she loooooves going there! And in spring , sometime in May, she is having a recital. So last time the girls got to try the costumes on. They looked so beautiful! This year's theme for the recital is "Travelling". And how funny that Ivana's group is dancing to the music from the movie "Anastasia" (it's about a real Russian princess!). We are really looking forward to the concert.
On Tuesday we went to the library. Ideally I would like to go there every week, but with the 3 of them in the tow it's a bit challenging right now! Once in 2 weeks works for us at the moment! We stay in the library for 45 minutes. While I'm choosing the books to take home, Ivana and Leona go through the piles of books. It's so cute to see them sitting on the floor and flipping the pages... This time we had a warning from the librarian. Alisa started running and playing hide and seek between those book shelves...Of course, Leona couldn't miss the opportunity to join in, and Ivana was trying to calm both of them trying to catch them and bring them to me. So, as you can imagine it was quite a mess. And since no one can speak in a voice louder then a wisper in that sacrid place of learning (even though in was 11am and we were the only visitors!) the librarian was very strict. Well... the little ones could care less and ,therefore, we had to retreat ASAP.
And the rest of the week , we hang out at home. The weather was great , so we would go to the local park in the morning. It was a real blessing for me to find a double stroller. We have those containers near our house where people get to donate stuff they don't need anymore. And one day there was a double stroller! One of the fasteners was broken, and after replacing it and giving a stroller a very thorough cleaning I had what I needed, for free. Now we can go to the park and do our shopping. These days it feels that I've always had the three of them!

After lunch when I put Alisa for a nap, we got to sit down and did some learning. It was such a music to my heart the other day when Ivana said to me : "Mommy, you are my teacher. I like that you are my teacher!"