Monday, February 13, 2006

Finally it felt like winter!


This year's winter disappointed me, to say the least. I love all four seasons and don't have a favourite one. But I'm always looking forward to the seasonal changes as it is so refreshing for me. I love winter for the joy of skiing, crisp cold air and hot cocoa. Well...not much this year! It's mid February and we haven't gone skiing yet, one can't call air "crisp" when it's 50F and for the same reason I wasn't in the mood for a cup of hot cocoa.

This weekend we went to our vacation house in the Pocono mountains. And what a treat it was to wake up in the morning to a beautiful, eye soothing scenery! Snow!!! Hurray!!!! The girls were so excited and couldn't wait to go outside to build a snowman. I wasn't sure about building a snowman, but for sure Mirek needed extra help with all that snow shovelling.

A truck came by and the guy asked us if we wanted our driveway cleaned. As he was charging $40 for it, we politely refused. We are young and healthy, have plenty of volunteers to help, plus we've been waiting to paly with the snow for a couple of months! In about 2 hours, a lot of sweating and $40 still in our pocket, the driveway was clean! Ivana and Leona didn't want to come home, but the little bodies needed some good warm up.

I haven't had such a pleasure drinking a cup of hot cocoa for a long time!

No comments: