Monday, February 20, 2006

Busy weekend.


And sure it was...

On Saturday we went to the Newark Museum with Ivana. I've been taking her to the Junior Art Studio there for about a months now and she absolutely loves it. I signed her up for the claygroup this semester. She gets to spend two hours with the teacher and the kids and I get two hours for myself. I've been exploring the museum exhibits and every time I learn something new.

This Saturday they were having a "Members only workshop for adults", and as I am one of these people, I was invited to participate. They had demostrations of various workshops that are being offered in the spring. I'm considering taking one or two, haven't decided which ones yet, but inclining towards calligraphy and beading. So, this Saturday when my little girl was working with clay and learning about glazing process, her mommy got to weave a basket! He-he-he ... it was so much fun! I would've never taken a weaving baskets class, but I am glad that I've got a chance to try! Happy we were going home! Ivana proudly holding her golden beetle and the mini bird nest, and her mommy pink mini basket!

I was looking forward to Sunday as I had so many plans to do my crafts. I have started a woodburning project that was supposed to be a gift for Mirek for our 5th wedding anniversary, and I have been planning on starting to sew summer dresses for my girls. But... I guess it was not meant to be, just yet.

On Saturday evening Mirek's sister, Jana, called and asked us to watch the kids. She had to work and Brian was down with flu. So at 7am on Sunday we suddenly had not 2, but 4 kids! Yeeppeee... Zeekie, he's 3 years old, and Lydia, turning 2 in a week. As it was a bit chilly outside, we stayed in. That's what I call "a full house" in one bedroom apartment! Kids played very nicely, except for a couple of episodes when 2 umbrella strollers were not enough for 4 wishful players. Or, when a red color marker was a much desired one for all of them. And don't even try to offer other shades of red! To have some quiet time for a while was crucial for my sanity , so "A Bug's Life" came on handy! And then Mirek was palying "Picnic" with them and was forced to eat plastic pizza and french fries, almost knocking his teeth out on a plastic orange, while I was busy in the kitchen cooking dinner. Kids were laughing so hard that I couldn't even hear myself think!

As the time was approaching for Mirek to take the kids home, I didn't want them to go. Sure I was exhausted, but since we don't see our niece and nephew too often, Mirek and I were very glad that we got to spend the whole day with them. Well... woodburning can wait and they won't wear summer dresses for a while yet!

No comments: