Thursday, May 24, 2007

Don't throw empty boxes...


I just feel like describing you in detail how our day went today...

We woke up, at about 8:30, cuddled in bed for a while, Ivana and Leona played with their baby sister. They have such a great time interacting with her now since at 3 months Milana is responding to them by oohing, smiling and belly laughing.

We had breakfast and then got comfortable on the sofa to read books. They were new and exciting to them, brought from the library a day before. There was this one book that was hilarious. It's a Cinderella story, but the pictures in the book are the photos of a real dog , dressed up in different clothing and accessories. They were cracking up while I was reading it to them. The hit was not the story, but the illustrations.

Then we moved to a summer room, that we have started using again in the warm weather. I love it! It has so much light. We opened all the windows and were able to hear and see the deer come by and shuffle the leaves looking for food.

I've been putting aside the empty boxes, cartons and paper rolls, yogurt containers and milk box caps hoping to use the stuff for future art projects. I did not have any particular idea in mind, but I know myself, it will strike me one day. So, the whole big box of a lot of things. And guess what... they have discovered it! Wow! It was like finding a hidden treasure! No kidding! The girls were so excited! They didn't get that excited when it was Christmas, but the empty boxes! Yej... These are MY kids!

Ivana and Leona found some unbelievable ways to use my recyclables for their imaginary games! The list is pretty long! Grocery store was the first one, of course. Then they played house and pretended they were cooking meals. Then they were feeding their stuffed animals the food they had cooked. Then it was a picnic.

I was sitting on the sofa and nursing the baby and just had so much fun watching them play! The funniest I thought was that when they came up with an idea to make a Robot costume out of a paper bag. And then when it was time to clean up (can you imagine the mess there was in the room! Not peaceful, like I like our house to be, at all!). And they were "garbage men" and dumping the "garbage" into the "dump".

After lunch we went for a walk to the lake. The weather was so beautiful! Sun made me happy, and I got some quite time while my girls played away in the sand with their newly made friends, another 5 yo girl and 4 yo boy.

At home we did a craft activity. We made tambourines out of paper plates and played some games using rhythm of our hand made musical instrument. Then they were drawing and coloring, doing little things with their stickers while I was cooking the dinner.

If I look back at our day, it was very productive. It was very balanced, relaxing and a lot of fun. For me, though... At night when I was tucking Ivana up in bed, she sad that she had a boring day... Go figure!

No comments: