Saturday, May 05, 2007

Busy Saturday.


Part 1.

I had a plan. And the plan was big for today. And I did it all. And I am very proud of myself. And I am very tired.

Mirek was working today since early morning so I could not expect any help from him to do everything that I had planned to do. But I was determined to do those things no matter what since they were very important. Like sending the photos of Milana to my family so that they can finally see her after almost two months of me promising them to send the pictures. It's such a shame that my Mom, Dad, my sister and my brother do not have internet, so we do it an old fashioned way, sending each other letters by mail.

We hardly made it to the Post Office since they close early on Saturdays. Then we went to the Family Expo that took place at the Shawnee Inn. There were supposed to be 68 tables with a lot of info on different activities for kids to do in the Poconos. And as I am in a process of discovering the area and planning for the next year what to do with the girls, I was thrilled to be able to see all of what they had to show.

Unfortunately, it was such a disappointment. The expo was held indoors, there was a lot of people, a lot of strollers and no way to get through the crowd. We were given a paper and was supposed to stop by at each table and have our paper stamped in order to enter the drawing for a free parenting magazine. Ivana and Leona wanted to have their faces painted so much, but the line was so long, that there was NO way I was going to wait. We went to paint wooden shapes at the other table, painted 6 of them, left them there to let them dry and were supposed to pick them up on our way back.

Went to check out the other area with the exhibits, but by then I could not take it anymore. I was afraid to loose the girls, did not care to win a free subscription to a parenting magazine (I can write one myself!), did not want to spend even one extra minute inside as it was a glorious spring day with everything blooming around us, still had a lot to do on our list...simple I've had it! We left very early and I promised my girls to get a face paint at a craft store and have fun painting their faces at home one day. They were a bit upset, but quickly got over it. And we forgot to pick up our art project, another big disappointment for them as they wanted to show Tata their creations.

We headed to the library and returned our overdue books, had to pay a fine of $4.80 and the librarian would not wave or at least try to reduce the fine a bit. Stayed in the library for a short while, the girls read books while I picked the ones we were going to take home and then nursed Milana.

The next stop was a supermarket. Tomorrow is Leona's birthday and we needed to do grocery shopping to get ready for our mini party. Having a prepared list helped a lot, and we were getting very hungry and tired of jumping in and out of the car. Buckling and unbuckling all three of them times how many stops we had made, nursing in public, changing a diaper on the floor in the library, still saving some energy for driving...

Came home, took all the bags home (Ivanka counted them , thre were 13), put the groceries in the refrigirator and pantry, fed Ivana and Leona soup, then they wanted to go for a walk to the lake. I wanted to go outside myself, so off we went out again...Got the picture?

Part 2.

Well... initially I wanted to surprise Leonka with her birthday cake, but by the time we got home it was close to 6pm and I needed all the help I could get from my "little helpers". My big plans for the party shrank to very modest ones. I set my girls to work. Gave them plastic bags and told them to sort the Froot Loops cereal by color into those bags. They had fun gobbling them meanwhile and chatting away while busy. Then it was even more fun thing to do as each of them got a big spoon and were supposed to smack those bags with all their might to crush the loops and make "colored sand" for our cake decorating. They were busy doing that that I was working on cutting and arranging the parts of the cake. It was going to be a butterfly, per Leona's request. I did not let them frost the cake. And the decorating of the butterfly I left for myself. A slight grumbling from there side was quieted with letting them lick the spatulas and the container after the frosting.

Ivana kept on praising my work and was making plans on what kind of cake she will have for her birthday. She could not decide, there is still plenty of time till August.

That is how good I am at multitasking! Well done to Mom!

3 comments:

Desiree said...

Well done Supermom! Can't wait to see the cake. And happy birthday wishes to Leona!

Unknown said...

Good job all of you, girls!!! I love your life style!!! Happy birthday to Leona from Canada from all of us !!!

Anonymous said...

Вас было двое и любовь,
Играла молодая кровь,
И от слиянья двух сердец
Родилась жизнь-любви венец!
Пустив часы в грядущий век,
Явился новый человек,
Вобрав в себя отца и мать
И искры Божьей благодать,
Пришел он в наш реальный мир,
Чтобы продолжить жизни пир,
Чтобы наполнить этот дом
Весельем, счастьем и теплом,
Дать смысл земному бытию,
Дать радость тем, кого люблю.
Пусть будет жизнь его полна!
За это выпьем все до дна!