Wednesday, November 25, 2009

More Turkeys.


Today was a busy day. We did half of the cooking we had planned for our Thanksgiving feast and I am exhausted. Tomorrow is another part of our holiday marathon. I have been reminding myself to take it easy and have a good time with the girls. As we baked the cup cakes in the morning I thought we'd decorate them first thing in the morning the next day, but to have some fun I decided to let them get messy today, this way the counter top would be devoted to other things tomorrow. Do you think I could be so cruel as to let the girls wait till tomorrow evening to taste those yummy "chocolate turkeys"? I couldn't...

So far we have to put on the table tomorrow our traditional eggplant salad, beet salad, brussel cabbage, pumpkin/butternut squash soup, pumpkin roll and chocolate cup cakes. The plan for tomorrow is, of course, to get on with The Bird, mushroom stuffing, buttermilk biscuits, baked sweet and regular potatoes, and key limes mini pies. Our friends are bringing the spinach pie, potato salad and an apple strudel.
The table has been extended and set ready for 12. Oh, I am so excited and can't wait to see everybody at the table tomorrow.

No comments: