Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Ottawa.




It was 10 pm on Saturday and we were debating if to go to Boston or try to drive to Ottawa. And now that old telephone book came in handy. What a thrill it was to try to contact long lost friends! The moment I heard my friend's voice on the phone, I knew I could care less about Boston, I needed to see my friend and visiting Ottawa was million times more exciting for us anyway.
It was settled and the morning didn't come soon enough. I could not wait, the anticipation was a bit too much to handle for a mother whose hormones were still going up and down. The drive was beautiful and we really enjoyed the scenery. However, the lunch outside as a picnic was out of the question! We were going even more north and it was quite noticeable.

We loooved Ottawa a lot and would like to go back yet again, since we got only a glimpse of it. Probably, when it is a bit warmer, though! It is a beautiful and seemed like a pretty laid back and calm city. Calm...ha. How about that demonstration we have witnessed! Nevertheless, no hard feelings, I hope the situation in Sri Lanka would stabilize soon enough.

But what draws us back to Ottawa stronger than a force of gravity is the wonderful friends we have there! It seemed that there were no 10 years that we haven't seen each other. The happiness of the meeting was in the air and I've been thinking about that moment ever since. It still feels almost surreal. Has we really met again, or was it just a very happy dream? The pictures are the proof that it was not a dream, and that miracles in life do happen, and friends like that do exist. This trip made me more rich. I am more rich because I know I have people I can call my second family!
Thank you so much for your hospitality, love, laughter, smiles, positive energy, delicious meals! My mouth is still watering at the thought of that homemade red caviar, and Mirek is getting ready to go fishing with the Master Fisherman! So, I guess we'll see you soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice post! We hope to see you again very soon.

P.S. Mama mama ne begi. Mama mama.....po-mo-gi! :)