Thursday, February 05, 2009

Healthy start of the day.


It has been a little over two weeks since we started to do our stretches and exercises in the morning with the girls. It is a wonderful way to get a positive boost of energy for the day and for me to get my thoughts together. I have noticed such an improvement in my ability to handle the day if we do those exercises. And 20 minutes is all I need to make myself happy, teach the girls some basic physical activity and work on my post pregnancy body. It is about time! Spring is around the corner, and I am not buying jeans a size larger! No way, Jose!

And this morning we had a surprise, a healthy bonus from our Tata! While we were sweating in the summer room, Mirek made this awesome berry salad with fresh oats. Well, he actually made it for himself... (selfish, right?). Guess how much of it he had to eat? The girls were racing for the biggest spoon and, of course, wanted more when the salad was literally swept from the bowl a few seconds later!

Ingredients:
Raw oats, kiwis, strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, could be also bananas, mangoes or oranges.
What to do: soak half a cup of uncooked rolled oats in some milk/almond milk. Let stand for 10 minutes, meanwhile working on the fruits/berries. Drizzle with agave nectar or some honey, mix together, add some love... and enjoy!

Note: it is easily digested, so you'll be hungry again in an hour, or sooner. Then you'll be ready for some scrambled eggs and buttered toast!

No comments: