Monday, March 06, 2006

My children are my teachers.

Staying home with my girls and homeschooling them is not a one way ticket, it's a round trip. It's amazing how much I've learnt with them and how much they are teaching me not even knowing about it!

Things that I've learnt thanks to my daughters:

My life without them would've not been to the fullest.
My life without them would've not had so much love.
My life without them would've never showed me my true self.

Things that my daughters are teaching me. How to...

...enjoy living in the moment;
...be happy with what you have rather than with what you want to have;
...to be patient and have self control;
...admit making mistakes and move on without feeling guilty;
...be flexible and see what they enjoy doing rather than what I think they should enjoy doing;
...have fun together doing simple things;
...look at everything I say and do from their point of view;
...not to have high expectations and get disappointed;
...give them as many hugs and kisses as I can sqeeze in a day.

And I hope and pray that we'll continue to enjoy the wonderful journey of homeschooling in the years to come!

No comments: