Wednesday, April 11, 2007

When the mother is sick....


That is how I have been feeling for the past three days.

When the mother is sick the world seems to go crushing down...
The dark clouds gather above the household, as the pile of laundry gets bigger than an avalanche, the dishes would have runned away if they had legs, the possibility of somebody in the house breaking a leg is huge since there is no empty spot on the floor to make a safe step, there is not even a chance of a hearty, freshly cooked dinner, kids hair gets so tangled up that I cry when I finally have time and energy to brush it, I have to go to use the bathroom with my eyes closed otherwise I get even more depressed by the chaos around me, the lack of O2 and sunshine adds to my poor mood on top of the physical pain...

But then I get a little "sweet treat", as I see how good my kids can be and occupy themselves for hours. Ivana would make PBJ sandwich for herself and help Leona with JO ("Jam Only") sandwich. They would go through tons of books, Leona blabbing out loud for herself and Ivana reading silently her favorite stories. Then they would play very nicely together, and then come up with some kind of project. When they run out of ideas the movie would come for a rescue... And the day is almost over.

We have survived, somehow... and the hopes for tomorrow to be brighter are huge...

No comments: