Sunday, April 01, 2007

Nature walk.


Yesterday was such a beautiful day and we decided to go for a nature walk. It was neither hot nor cold, but the air was freshly crisp, a bit breezy and with a spring flavor.

As much as I love to visit old places as they usually bring nice memories back, but there is a lot of excitement about going to a new destination since you do not know what to expect. And as long as I do not place my expectations too high, I will always feel revitalized, refreshed, re energized, in a way alive.

The walk yesterday cleared my head, lifted my spirits, gave me new hope, reminded me to cherish what I have, and definitely helped me to get my daily exercise as we'd managed to hike up about 6 km, according to Mirek's estimate.

We went to Digmann's Waterfalls, which are very close to our house. There was no long driving involved, a long stretch of the road was paved so we could take the stroller rather then the baby carrier for Milana, and Ivana and Leona were great hikers. Only on the way back Leona got a bit tired and asked Mirek with her puppy eyes for a neck ride.

Mirek taught the girls how to determine the age of the tree and how to know whether the year was a dry one or with plenty of precipitations for the trees to grow. Ivana discovered that some pine cones do not have seeds, and I learned why the dead trees are as important for the healthy forest as the live ones. You know, if it was up to me I would've taken all the rotten stomps away, because I just like the things neat.

The falls were beautiful, as it was the right time to visit them. All the snow had melted and the amount of roaring water was astounding. I waited down by the falls, and Mirek took the girls all the way up to look at the water falling from the top.

It was a nice walk and we will definitely be visiting the falls again...

No comments: