Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Getting ready for Easter!


I don't think I have a "herding problem", but sometimes I put the things away hoping to use them up later. So just in case, I was putting aside the empty toilet paper rolls without having any particular idea of what to do with them. And as I was just about to discard them all, since they were taking up too much so needed space, I came across one project that required just that! And what's more, it was for Easter! A wreath!

It took us two days working on the project and we had so much fun doing it. First the girls painted the rolls with the acrylic paint. We decided to stick with the pastel colors for the spring motif. There was no way Leona could be left out from doing that activity, I took a deep breath and set her up by the table. Only later I found out that acrylic paint in NOT washable, so that turtleneck was completely ruined. And of course her hands were all in paint, her face, her hair.

While they were working on the rolls, I took care of the frame for our wreath. I took a wire hanger and bent it into a circle. As the advantage of using the acrylic paint is that it's fast drying, we managed to arrange the rolls on the frame the same day. I cut an opening and slid the rolls into the wire and then taped them all at once from the back. Next day we were working on coloring easter eggs printouts. For some reason Leona was choosing dark colors, like black and deep blue, so her colored eggs didn't make it to the wreath this time. But Ivana did a splendid job picking brighter and more uplifting colors and then decorating some of them with stickers.

Now the wreath is proudly displayed on our door, and it makes me smile every time I see it.

3 comments:

ChristineMM said...

The wreath is lovely. That is so much more special than buying one at the store.

Did you see that I dedicated a blog entry to you? It is the one featured in the latest Carnival of Homeschooling. Let me know what you think.

It looks like you ARE enjoying time with your girls!

Julia and Mirek said...

I read it yesterday evening (more like night!), and wrote a very long reply. But for some reason it didn't show. I sent another, shorter version ,and again it didn't show in the comments. By then I was too tired to write the third time. I'll try to do it yet another time!
I'm just so touched that my humble post has produced such a wonderful one!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. Cold weather jogging Texas hold&aposem tournament rules Do all mp3 players require head phones 512mb mp3 personal player sandisk best rates fees merchant account cf mp3 player Best digital cameras 2005 conferencing buspar historic Chicago school of culinary arts Refinance guide