Sunday, March 18, 2007

Storage boxes.


I came up with a great idea! As I am a neat freak and like the things organized it was driving me nuts sometimes to see the girls' toys all piled up together without any system. They would come to me and ask where their tea pot was, or doll, or some other toys that I had no idea about. And all these little things that are always lying around and everybody step on them and they end up in the garbage. We made food with Ivi and Leona from a dough, they got a beautiful tea set and a baking set for Christmas, and again everything was all over the house.

When clementines were in season I kept the boxes having a smart (I think so !) idea of decorating them and using them for storage of little toys. And they are just perfect! The boxes are not too big, they were pretty easy to decorate, and you can stack them up.

Here's what we did:
-ripped the cover paper and cleaned the sides of the boxed from the glue;
-painted the inside and outside with bright acrylic paints;
-took decorative napkins and separated the fine top layer with the design, then glued them on the box with the Mod Podge Glue.

And that was it! You could use any napkins with any nice designs. We happened to have the ones with roses, fruits, flowers and bugs. Now in the evenings the girls put their toys away into the boxes, satisfying my freaky desire to have things neat. I know, it's all about what we as parents want!

No comments: