Thursday, February 16, 2006

Snowman was a must!


As quick and sudden the snow came, it disappeared even quicker!

And since we didn't get to make a snowman on the weekend, the girls were begging to build one! So we still had plenty of snow in the backyard, and everywhere else it was almost gone! The snow was just perfect! Wet, heavy and very sticky! I didn't realise how heavy until I had to pick up that second ball to put up. I had to remind myself not to use my back, but rather my legs. On the third attempt the ball was on its place. Patching up here and there, it was time to make a face. Well... here we needed some creativity. There was nothing around us, but the snow. So, Ivana remembered the place under the snow where she used to hide her pebbles. She dug out two, just enough for the eyes. We took the carrot with us before we left the house. That, of course, was for the nose. A flexible stick from a nearby bush we turned into the mouth. The girls were so happy that we had a smiling snowman! There happened to be a bucket in the shed, just perfect to put on the head. And now the hands... The brunches worked well.

Hurray! Our first, and probably last, snowman this winter. While building it we got soooo hot! The sun was out to the fullest, plus all that running around! It was time to go home and change, before everybody got sick.

In the afternoon when I was taking the laundry down from the line, there was not much of our "man" left. Just the bottom part... I felt a bit sad, because it reminded me again that nothing lasts forever.

No comments: