Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Painting


We went to the library yesterday and there was no way Ivana was ready to give up that book about the sea creatures. We've been reading it religiously for the last 2 weeks and have renewed it for another term. She remembers most of the names of the sharks and other fish, but it's just that recently she has started a new thing. She looks at the picture in the book and tries to copy it on a piece of paper. Her drawings of sharks were not coming up the way she wanted them to be, so she said she still needed that book. I'm so happy that Ivana likes to draw, she takes after me. She gets so excited when her drawing resembles the original one, even only slightly. Her perseverance amazes me! Her hand is pretty steady for her age, she pays attention to details and different shades of colors, and is eager to try to draw new images.

I was working on a birthday gift for my niece Lydia. This time I decided it was going to be a hand painted shirt with the sea world theme as she likes Nemo as well. It took me two evenings, I'd rather say nights, as I was finishing it till 2 am. Ivana and Leona saw me starting this project and were so surprised to see it completed in the morning. All I could hear was "Wow, Mommy. That looks great! Wow...wow...wow!" Of course they wanted to have the fish shirts, so I promised them. But not everything comes easy. Ivana's request is to have a ballerina fish that's wearing a tutu and ballet shoes! Hmmm... Let's see if this dream of hers comes true!

No comments: