Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Peach picking!


Peaches are in season!
We've done apple picking before, but never tried peach picking. So we decided to give it a try. It' s not so much to buy the peaches cheaper than in a store, but to show the girls how the peach tree looks like.
It's just funny... I was growing up and our family had a garden, so, weeding, harvesting, preserve making were chores... Now we have to pay to have a tractor ride!
A little trip like that for a family of five, when the older ones get to go on a horse, hay ride, corn maze, and paying for the picked fruits... we are looking to spend close to a $100!
Milana had great time watching the big sisters run around filling up the box with peaches.
I also got a dehumidifier, so I'll be trying to dehumidify those peached.

Hmm.... Mirek bought a LOT of beats last time on a farmer's market... now it got me thinking if I should try the beats in the dehumidifier!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Julia!!! I haven't read your blogs for a while so I enjoyed reading your blogs. Your girls are beautiful!!!
I have a question for you. How does the dehumidifer works? I've never heard of it. Does it preserve fruits and vegetables for a long time?
Katia, Canada

Julia and Mirek said...

Dear Katia!
I am glad you are enjoying my "blabbing" :)
I can't say I am an expert on dehumidifiers, I got one just recently. But I am excited to try and learn to use it. I know for sure that if you dehumidify fruits and veggies, the big part of nutrients and vitamins remain. Dried, they are great to take along for snack outdoors, you can use them for cooking.Our friends use the dehumidifier for meats and fish as well.
I hope to meet you one day!Regards to all.
Lots of sunshine,
Julia :)