Friday, March 16, 2007

Daddy is fun!


It was so wonderful that Mirek was able to stay with me for almost two weeks after the baby was born. I tried to get a lot of rest, did minimal cleaning ( just closed my eyes when going to the bathroom), avoided cooking complicated meals for lunch or dinner (ate a lot of leftovers and cheese sandwiches, sometimes cereal for lunch)... I had been sitting on the same spot on the sofa for hours at a time (so that my bottom would get numb) nursing Milanka and just gazing into her beautiful face and stroking her soft and plump cheeks...
And Mirek was spending a lot of time with the two big sisters. Taking them sledding and skiing behind the house on a septic hill, reading Czech books, and just having a lot of fun. That's his thing... He is a lot of fun to be around and Ivanka and Leona really loved him being at home all this time.
He's been back to work this week and we surely miss him! I've attempted to drive with the three of them and I think it went pretty well. On Tuesday I took Ivana to her dance school, and on Wednesday we went to the homeschooling coop that she enjoyes going to very much. It was very refreshing to see our freinds again after such a long break. I guess we are more or less back on our feet with the things we used to do before Milanka was born. Have not done the grocery shopping with all the girls yet... Maybe I'll wait a bit longer with that as I'm not looking forward to nursing the baby in the supermarket!

No comments: